AMPLA QLD Branch Breakfast Toolkit Series
Coal seam gas and shale gas – practical insights and update
This event has now booked out .
The QLD Branch of AMPLA welcome members and non members to the first toolkit series of the year on Coal seam gas and shale gas – practical insights and update.
- Gregor Schoenberg (Senior Well Engineer Drilling) Arrow Energy
- Richard Brockett (Senior Associate) Ashurst Australia
Gregor will provide some practical insights and brief overview of unconventional gas field development through the exploration, appraisal and development stages and briefly review each stage of drilling a well and describe the processes, people, and their respective responsibilities involved as well as highlighting the operation of the drilling process.
- What goes into drilling a well from exploration to operations
- Overview of the completion process
- Understanding the equipment, fluids, and hydraulics
- Drilling terminology
- Recognising drilling systems and how it is used
- Keys to planning a successful well
Richard will provide an overview of the statutory regime applicable to coal seam gas and shale gas in Queensland and a brief update as to the Queensland Government's recent announcements regarding its shale gas policy including commentary on what amendments and additions to the CSG framework in Queensland may be required to accommodate shale gas and its development issues.
3rd Apr 14
Time 7:45 AM to 9:00 AM
Level 38, Riverside Center
123 Eagle Street
Registrations Open 21st Mar 14
Registrations Close 3rd Apr 14
RSVP Date Tuesday 1 April 2014
Cost FreeBack To Events
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed